Training Course - Introduction to Shoemaking (UK) "Three-day intensive course"
The aim of the course is to provide a general understanding of the shoemaking process for
people who are not shoemakers. It is designed for busy people who have little time to
spare. We manage to pack a great deal in, partly by limiting the number of participants. We have
found this to be very popular.
17th to 19th September 2013
21st to 23rd January 2014
A subject like shoemaking is best learned as "hands on" as possible.
During the course all participants will :-
1. Learn about the foot, fit, sizes and lasts
2. Do some practical pattern cutting
3. Check out a selection of leathers and other upper materials
4. Do a practical exercise on assembling an upper
5. Learn how to evaluate the extensive range of soling materials
6. Take a closer look at quality control
. . . . and much much more.
Who Should Come?
- People who need a general understanding of footwear manufacture
- People with responsibility for footwear purchasing and quality control
- New entrants to footwear manufacture, sourcing, or distribution
- Senior management in sourcing, distribution and retail organisations
- Anybody who wants to learn about the process of making shoes
Previous participants have come from all over the world including Germany, Spain, Norway,
Hong Kong, Korea and USA.
Clients include most of the larger UK retail groups, international footwear brand leaders and chain stores.
Recent participants have come from George/Asda, Rockport, New Balance, Debenhams, Nine West, Reebok, Skechers, Birkenstock, BHS, New Look, Next, Goretex, Shoes Direct, Gap and
many others including a number of private individuals.
A brochure for each course is available on request.
It provides details on course venue, times and costs.
Each brochure comes with an accommodation list and a location map.
If you would like to receive a course brochure, please email with your postal address to :-
introUKLondon@noblefootwear.com <Back to the Training Courses Main Page>
To contact us:email@example.com
Site Designed by: