Training Course - Introduction to Shoemaking (USA) "Three-day intensive course"
The aim of the course is to provide a general understanding of the shoemaking process for people who are not
shoemakers. It is designed for busy people who have little time to spare. We manage to pack a great deal in,
partly by limiting the number of participants. We have found this to be very popular.
Metro New York
18th to 20th June 2013
Metro Los Angeles
24th to 26th September 2013
A subject like shoemaking is best learned as "hands-on" as possible. All participants will: -
1. Learn about the foot, fit, sizes and lasts
2. Do some practical pattern cutting
3. Check out a selection of leathers and upper materials
4. Do a practical exercise on assembling an upper
5. Learn how to evaluate the extensive range of soling materials
6. Take a closer look at quality control
. . . . and much much more.
Who Should Come?
- People who need a general understanding of footwear manufacture
- People with responsibility for footwear purchasing and quality control
- New entrants to footwear manufacture, sourcing, or distribution
- Senior management in sourcing, distribution and retail organisations
- Anybody who wants to learn about the process of making shoes
Recent participants include staff from Rockport, New Balance, Kennth Cole, Nine West, Reebok, Skechers, Birkenstock, Clarks, Goretex,
Macy’s, Kohl's, Walmart, Target, DKNY, Gap, G H Bass, Converse, Ferragamo, Harbor Footwear - and many others including a number of private clients.
A brochure for each course is available on request.
It provides details on course venue, times and costs.
If you would like to receive a copy of the course brochure, please use one of the the following email links:
introUSLosAngeles@noblefootwear.com <Back to the Training Courses Main Page>
To contact us:email@example.com
Site Designed by: